At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Estimating Manager is responsible for producing various levels of construction project estimates in support of facility project planning. Primary focus is on conceptual estimates prior to the design of work. He/she will participate in project development, database comparison with actual costs, and review of contractor's Schedule of Values. He/she will drive the Change Management effort with the project team, including analysis of contractor detailed costs, and finalizing negotiations for settlement. Responsibilities
- Manage the initial program estimate development, ensuring project milestones are defined and leveling cash flows.
- Drive accurate estimate reporting and timely issuance of partner reports.
- Partner with Integrated Facility Planning (IFP) Representative and Program Manager to estimate future year program. Identify and create solutions to increase program value.
- Lead team in developing solutions for better program value
- Build and maintain key property wide relationships. Provide support to department leaders.
- Department estimating representative to other lines of business.
- Stay current with market conditions and champion statistical research and analysis.
- Drive the development of an organized estimate database for use in the development of future estimates.
- Lead and manage a team of estimators who support various project management teams.
- Lead the development and vision of the estimating group.
- Define estimating team goals and metrics.
- Strategize estimator resourcing.
- Champion department strategy and standard operating guideline development.
- Drive system development and advancement, creating innovative solutions to streamline and modernize processes.
- Leads property portfolios.
- Articulate cost risk to executive.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in quantity surveying and cost estimating for general construction including some experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing.
- Advanced knowledge of contracting processes, negotiating, and legalities.
- Advanced knowledge of facility design and construction methods, construction activity sequencing, schedule logic, and project planning skills.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, effective in relationship building.
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to structure, organize, and effectively utilize items within a database.
- Advanced using construction estimating software.
- Eight (8) years of applicable experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or commercial facilities construction industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Requirement may be mitigated with additional years of applicable experience.
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.