Editorial Content Director – The Disneyland Resort
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This position will manage overall responsibility for Disney Parks Blog, influencers, bloggers, and fan sites for Public Relations, reporting to both the Director of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Public Relations and to the Director of Disneyland Resort Public Relations.
ResponsibilitiesDisney Parks Blog & Social Channels
- Responsible for all content produced and published related to Disneyland Resort for the Disney Parks Blog and social media channels managed by PR/PA.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Disney Parks Blog, including text, images and video content for Disneyland Resort. All content should tier up to the overall Disney Parks Blog editorial content strategy and planning.
- Research and produce fresh and innovative content to engage and inform DP Blog readers that aligns with marketing, PA and PR priorities.
- Manage the Editorial Calendar and coordinate with the overall Blog team to ensure strategic planning is in place with story placement and publishing.
- Work with partners throughout the company on planning and creating articles and content for the Disney Parks Blog.
- Edit and proofread all DLR content for spelling, grammar, accuracy and brand relevance.
- Onboard new DLR authors with blog writing style, coming up with content ideas, learning when to respond. Seek out relevant new authors as needed.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs, Internal Communications and other departments throughout the company on content approvals and timing.
- Create engaging DLR content for social media channels operated by PR/PA.
- Plan, write, produce and host video content for online distribution and streaming.
- Coordinate content strategy across site, global and DLR/TWDC partners (Internal, Marketing, Operations, Lines of Business, Business Units).
- Strategically plan and execute Disney Parks Blog Meet-Ups to align with marketing and public affairs/public relations priorities. Be available to serve as host of meet-up events at DLR.
Strategy & Planning
- Liaise with Marketing Strategy on DLR products, campaigns and initiatives. In coordination with project champions, work closely with the Segment Strategy & Planning team to ensure cohesive, thoughtful planning and coordination of both internal and external communications.
- Construct and update content planning story arcs around priority business projects, including DLR announcements, product launches, and project milestones.
Influencers, Fan Sites & Moms Panel
- Responsible for strategy, planning, execution, and measurement for engaging influencers and fan sites at Disneyland Resort and Aulani. Work to be done in coordination with the holistic WDPR influencer and fan site planning.
- Develop and grow influencer and fan site relationships to strengthen third-party editorial coverage.
- Analyze measurement and coverage of third-party influencers and fan sites to better predict future outcomes of content.
- Manage Disneyland Moms Panelists for on-site events including training, media events, and video production. Work closely with the segment Influencer Team for overall Disney Parks Moms Panel strategy and planning.
- 5 years+ Public Relations/Communications experience
- Excellent written communications skills including editing and use of AP Style
- Demonstrated research skills to develop, write and produce both written and video content
- Working knowledge of HTML and content management systems, including WordPress
- Ability to seek and create written stories for external audiences.
- Demonstrated storyteller
- Experienced user of social media
- Experience within & knowledge of Disneyland Resort
- Strong business savvy and understanding of media/journalism
- Ability to develop and deliver strategic goals and objectives for projects
- Ability to project manage and meet strict deadlines within budget
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence others and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/complex organization
- Resilient and able to adapt to significant challenges
- Knowledge of event management
- Knowledge of short-format video production
- Knowledge of basic photo editing
- Experience with public speaking
- Ability to create presentations for, and present to, senior leaders and external audiences
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish)
- Ability to travel as needed (10%)
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, business, or related field.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.