At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Door Captain will ensure a smooth process for Guests arriving and departing at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. This individual will integrate the Guest Services, Valet, and Front Desk Cast Members in creating magical moments and attending to Guests needs. The Door Captain will direct Guest to appropriate drop off areas and act as a traffic controller at times, while facilitating the Guest handoff from the arrival kiosk to the Bell/Valet team and into the lobby.
- Interact constantly with Guests and Cast Members of the Grand Californian Hotel by answering questions, providing directions, event information, and other services to help create a magical experience upon their arrival and departure.
- Proactively engage Guests and create magical moments that leave a lasting impact.
- Coordinate the arrival and departure experience by engaging with VIP coordinators, Special Activities Team, Front Desk/Guest Services, Bellman, Valets, and Guest Relations Team.
- Ensure the integrity of the defined processes to maintain a seamless arrival and departure experience.
- Uphold and ensure the industry standards are being met consistently and Cast Members are in the appropriate positions to meet those goals.
- Maintain the work location to enhance the Show aspect of the Resort.
- Knowledge of Forbes industry standards and Triple A Diamond standards
- A self-motivated, energetic, patient, positive, detailed oriented individual that understands and respects diversity
- Flexible/Reliable (may work a variety of shifts including AM, PM weekends and Holidays). Will be accountable for all shifts and an example to the team
- A strong commitment and passion for guest service. Possess the ability to influence the Guest’s first impression, and therefore, must always offer an enthusiastic and welcoming disposition
- Ability to complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to utilize Guest recovery methods; proactively seeks ways to enhance the Guest experience with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to anticipate, identify, address and prevent problems appropriately
- Team oriented, willing to follow instruction and take direction while also being supportive to other Cast Members working on your team
- Ability to influence peers and partners to maintain a seamless arrival and departure experience
- Strong communication skills with all guests, cast members and management. Immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations in a calm and professional manner
- Exemplify excellent decision making skills
- Previous experience working as a Door Captain or Doorman or in a Front of House role in a fast paced Hotel.
- Strong knowledge of the hotel, leisure industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean DMV record.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity