Costumer Internship (CA) - Fall 2018
Costumer Internship (CA) - Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Costuming, responsible for providing fully themed looks for our cast and characters that help bring world-famous Disney stories to life. Our teams develop, build, buy and repair costumes for locations across the Parks and Resorts segment. Our costumes appear on cast members and Characters world-wide; in all of our theme parks, resorts, on cruise ships and even in behind-the-scenes areas our guests never see.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Researching and supporting the manufacturing of new and replacement Entertainment costumes
- Partnering and supporting the Costumer and/or Costume Pre-production teams
- Participating in various projects including performer fittings, facilitating garment orders, attending design presentations and costume research
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to this role…
- Theater background in Costuming
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with the ability and willingness to learn new programs
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Currently earning a college/university degree in Costume Design, Theatrical Costuming, Fashion or related field
- Proven experience in the Theater, Film or Fashion Industry
- Strong proficiency in either Photoshop or Illustrator
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and budgeting skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including evenings and weekends
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Proven experience in creating technical design packs and/or knowledge of garment construction
- Rising senior or higher (or recently graduated with) a degree in required field of study
The Walt Disney Company is a global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationRequired Materials:
- Résumé (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Portfolio showcasing related skills and experience
To upload these documents:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: First Name, Last Name, Type (i.e. Mickey Mouse, Transcripts or Mickey Mouse Cover Letter)
- Select document type of “Other”
If you experience any difficulty with uploading documents, please e-mail WDPR.Professional.Interns@disney.com
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Dates: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Anaheim, CA. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.