Candy Maker- Part Time
Candy Maker Cast Members will be assisting with all overall candy production, which includes preparing menu items from recipes for consumption throughout the resort. They will also be responsible for promoting a fun and creative working environment and partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product.
Candy Maker Cast Members receive a starting rate of $11.00 per hour.
- Use heavy kitchen equipment. Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Hands are often in water and constant wearing of gloves is required.
- Must be able to adhere/ follow written recipes.
- Apple Decorating: Wash, dry and place sticks in apples in preparation for dipping.
- Chocolate Dipping and Tempering. Temper chocolate by hand and utilize tempering machines to required temperature and proper finish.
- Stock: Re-stock all candy supplies and candy ingredients throughout shift.
- You must be 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrate a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
- Previous candy making experience preferred
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Seven (7) days of full availability, including nights, weekends and holidays is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
Company Overview At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting