Business Operations Manager
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate the daily operational requirements of the Currency Operations department including the collecting, counting, and depositing of Resort revenue.
- Assist in maintaining accounting controls and security measures appropriate for the protection of Resort assets and Cast Member safety.
- Assist in the preparation of various operational accounting and budgetary reports.
- Respond to internal and external Guest requests for information and service.
- Execute activities associated with recruiting, training and developing Hourly Cast Members including managing and supervising operational duties and tasks.
- Monitor, coach, assist and record Teller performance in accordance with Resort guidelines and philosophy. Prepare and administer Hourly Performance Development Plans and Performance Appraisal Reviews.
- Evaluate operational staffing requirements and hire as needed.
- Ensure appropriate training, mentoring and individual advancement of Hourly Cast.
- Prepare, verify and post weekly operating schedule for Cast.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place to protect Resort assets including ensuring the integrity and security of Resort revenue from Guest to Bank (cash transportation activities).
- Ensure daily integrity of Resort revenue, verification requirements, audits and balancing functions needed for all forms of payment (credit card sales, cash, coin and other non-cash payment methods) are done accurate and timely.
- Advanced MS Excel skills a must
- Excellent analytical, organizational and forecasting skills
- Familiarity with SAP
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to drive projects to timely completion
- Capacity to thrive in a creative, dynamic, results-oriented environment, and to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Significant experience in managing an operational accounting/customer service environment in a highly complex organization
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of staff and management
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop positive, effective relationships with other departments/business partners
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- BA or BS degree or equivalent (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business)
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.