Associate Project Manager
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Plan, coordinate, and execute complex projects with minimal supervision. Lead & manage a small project team whose assigned projects are up to $5M combined. Responsible for the preparation and review of project plans, budgets, and schedules. Ensure job cost reports and forecasts for all assigned projects are accurate. Manage project and contract changes and associated negotiations. Ensure timely communication to Business Partners regarding project status, schedule, and guest impacts. Demonstrated knowledge of project accounting, Estimating, and Scheduling processes. ResponsibilitiesSAFETY –
- Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for contractor submitted safety plans and compliance to the project safety plan. Includes but is not limited to compliance with all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements and FAM SOG’s.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Responsible for the development, planning, execution and closeout of all aspects of the project throughout the project life. Includes but it not limited to project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flow reporting and maintaining accurate EFC’s for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis. Lead project estimate development and review with support of Project Estimator. Develop project implementation strategy and schedule with support of Project Scheduler. Obtain funding approval prior to implementation with support of Project Controller.
- Closely manage project timelines and schedules to manage client expectations and ensure minimum impact to Operations.
TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION:
- Assemble project teams with internal and external resources to successfully complete all assigned projects.
- Oversee the efforts of all project team members to ensure that they are working as an integrated team in delivering against project goals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members and customers / clients.
- Partner with all lines of business (LOB) to ensure the final product best meets the intended business objective.
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including scope of work, unit costing items, and bid alternates and operational constraints required for contract preparation.
- Responsible for the project schedule, establishing critical path task to insure schedule compliance and ensuring proper man loading requirements of the contractor to achieve the desired completion date.
- Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives together as to achieve a seamless project. Including but not limited to timely communication with Business Partners, Clients and management regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Communicate project information effectively to LOB client and all impacted Resort divisions and management
- Technically competent with various software programs such as construction management software and Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Utilize project and contract management systems into the daily operation of the business.
- Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, collection of costing concurrence memos, conversion to change orders and management approval to allow for accurate EFC reporting and timely job closeout.
- Manage project budgets and provide timely project spending updates with support of Project Controller.
- Work closely with Program Manager to accomplish objectives and improve business processes. Focus on continuous performance improvement and efficiency.
- Knowledge of project management process and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of construction materials, methods and techniques. Familiarity with all construction applicable codes, i.e., UBC, NEC & UFC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High importance put on organization skills
- Computer proficiency with Windows, Excel, Access, Expedition
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong relationship / interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of building practices and materials required
- Basic knowledge of finance in business (budgets, cash flows, etc)
- Two years in commercial facilities construction industry. Some portion of years of service can be mitigated with education in commercial facilities field (engineering, architecture, project management), or business.
- Taking classes on building construction topics (MEP, estimating, print reading, etc).
- Four year college degree (BA / BS) in Project / Construction Management or related field or 2 years of college and 6+ years of applicable hands on project / construction experience.
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.