Technical Support Specialist
The Technical Support Specialist is a critical member of the Parks & Resorts Application Operations team. They are responsible for providing first level technical support for critical Parks & Resorts systems and facilitates customer care to Cast/Business customers. Their work includes: testing application, mobile, and online systems to determine business impact during outages and degradations; understanding trends to identify and prioritize automated or manual system recovery procedures; and partnering with other technical teams to provide high availability for Parks & Resorts’ critical systems. Responsibilities
- Provides customer care to Cast/business customers through technical support, for issues and requests of low to moderate complexity.
- Receives and logs customer requests and owns end-to-end customer support.
- Resolves simple incidents where possible without referral. Collects and maintains detailed information to enable swift resolution.
- Reviews requests; verifies issue is technology-related. Interfaces between business customers and WDPRT, translating business issues to actions for technical resolution.
- Escalates incidents to appropriate technical resolution team. Ensures effective resolution of issues.
- Resolves the resulting incident or fulfills requests using agreed processes.
- Collects and maintains detailed information to enable swift resolution using agreed processes.
- Communicates incident resolution or fulfilment to the customer.
- Assists in proactive problem management.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a Technology Support (IT/IS) role.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and support for enterprise-scale technology solutions.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-volume workload via tool, telephone, and email while meeting defined service level agreements.
- Familiarity of IT Service Management (ITIL) processes, especially: incident management, problem management, and knowledge management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with business customers and technical teams through all levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive improvement through innovation and influence team members to adopt beneficial changes.
- Experience creating, installing, and supporting technology solutions in the hospitality/travel industry.
- Certification in ITIL, Lean, or Six Sigma.
- Bachelor’s degree in field such as Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent years of experience.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.