Lead Software Engineer (C++ / Java / Python)
Flex Force Is a Disney-internal boutique consulting groupthat supports strategic projects throughout The Walt Disney Company. The team is highly dynamic, and is able to work on challenging projects in many different fields; from platform to social to mobile to console to web and emerging technologies. Many of the projects are critical to the overall business, and, as such the team is expected to maintain a high level of technical competency and professionalism.
As part of the Flex Force team, the Lead Software Engineer will contribute to a diverse slate of strategic projects within the different business units at the Walt Disney Company. Responsibilities
- Participate in full lifecycle software development.
- Design, implement and unit test moderately complex software solutions from the ground up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects.
- Collaborate effectively with technology teams across Disney.
- Provide solution ownership within and across project teams.
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Machine learning and data science experience highly valued, especially deep learning, TensorFlow, NLP.
- Heavy emphasis on core interactive software engineering skills, including performance, rendering, memory management, algorithm design, architecture, and mobile.
- Strong software engineering and design skills.
- Excellent debugging skills and knowledge of requisite tools.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize requirements and make informed project tradeoffs.
- Able to decompose high level problems into discrete engineering tasks, and estimate level of effort to completion.
- Ability to self-manage engineering tasks of moderate complexity.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Highly flexible and adaptable – can be dropped into new assignments, technologies and teams, and quickly demonstrate mastery.
- Not required but highly valued: Experience with formal or informal leadership and mentorship of mid to senior level engineers.
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field OR equivalent experience. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media, an equal opportunity employer.