Disney is looking for highly motivated Chinese interns to support the academic staff at Disney English Language Learning Centers. Interns will work in a supportive role alongside English Language Trainers (Local Trainers) and Chinese bilingual Learning Partners to provide a highly engaging and effective premium language learning experience. Interns report directly to the Language Learning Director (LLD) or Operation Supervisor in the Disney English Learning Center and indirectly to the Center’s Trainers and Learning Partners as necessary. Responsibilities
- Be proficient in effectively delivering the Disney English interactive content including associated technology
- Follow prepared content and lesson plans using appropriate methodology and developmentally appropriate teaching practices to enhance each lesson.
- Assist in the preparation and management (e.g. organization, cleaning, and inventorying) of classroom teaching materials including teaching props, stationery supplies, learner activity sheets, etc.
- Monitoring children before and after their lessons begin and during class breaks and helping children to transition from the Center’s waiting area to their classroom and back.
- Using digital cameras, document cameras, video cameras, and voice recording devices to capture artifacts of student work during classroom activities.
- Data entry of student assessment results and other information and uploading images, video recordings, and voice recordings of children to the Center’s computer system.
- Assisting in the organization of staff outings and team building events.
- Helping to organize and facilitate special Center events such as holiday events, open houses, student performances, etc.
- Performing a wide range of administrative duties such as printing, photocopying, binding, ordering materials, couriering items between Centers and the Disney English head office, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Language Learning Director, Trainers, or Learning Partners
- Strong command of the English language
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of computer software
- Flexibility to work some evening hours and some Saturdays and Sundays
Required Education Full-time university student working for bachelor degree