Sr Technical Artist
If you’re a fan of Star Wars then this is the place to be! We are The Lucas Games team, based in San Jose and we are building mobile games for the Star Wars Universe! We are looking for top Technical Art talent to join our creative, dynamic team. The ideal candidate is a talented individual contributor able to efficiently integrate art assets while maintaining and improving content pipelines. Responsibilities
- Architect scripts and tools that interact with multiple software programs and systems.
- Help develop and enforce content creation and performance guidelines, through the use of tools, documentation and active communication.
- Integrate game assets and support asset creation.
- Troubleshoot and help fix content bugs and pipeline issues.
- Analyze and improve asset quality and performance.
- Provide content and pipeline technical support for team members.
- May create and tune custom shaders (3D, VFX, UI).
- Evaluate software and art processes for the benefit of the studio.
Interactions: Interacts with peers and managers to share complex information related to area of expertise. Supports and articulates to others the technical needs of the art team.
Assignment of Work: Receives short and medium term assignments which may require frequent context switching and planning. Participates in analyzing, developing and deploying new or enhanced content tools. Mentors less experienced team members. Basic Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressively complex related experience.
- Extensive expertise with 2D and 3D graphics software (especially Maya, Photoshop and Unity), animation systems and content deployment pipelines.
- Moderate scripting experience (Python, C#, OOP based languages).
- Experience working with the technical constraints of game engines and mobile or console devices.
- A deep understanding of art workflows.
- A track record of strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an attention to detail and an ability to distill information appropriately for different audiences.
- Ability to ramp up on software and technical concepts very quickly.
Required Education BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.