Sr Manager, Engineering
If you’re a fan of Star Wars then this is the place to be! Based in San Jose, we are building mobile games around well-known brands and are looking for top engineering talent to join our creative, dynamic team. The ideal candidate is a bright and talented leader able to drive positive engineering team culture while maintaining a close pulse on technology, code and live operations. Responsibilities
- Ownership of a large engineering team building mobile games for iOS, Android, and other platforms.
- Directly manage software engineers, empower them to succeed, and provide career growth/mentorship.
- Proactively drive decisions on project architecture, coding standards, best practices, and engineering process.
- Collaborate within & outside of the team on the engineering roadmap and in delivering quality releases/milestones.
- Effectively balance strategic goals of the organization/team with tactical needs for the project.
- Communicate effectively both up and down regarding project status, risks, priorities, and learnings.
- Review code and engineering output to validate quality and deliver solid operational results.
Interactions: Interacts with direct reports, peers in studio leadership and DI Games tech leaders to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
Assignment of Work: Oversees and manages both supervisors and individual contributors. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports.
- 8+ years of technical experience with 3+ years of management experience.
- Prior experience managing both individual contributors and junior managers.
- Deep understanding of agile methodologies and engineering development process.
- Experience building consumer software for mobile platforms - Unity experience preferred, 3D graphics a plus. Able to get hands-on with code when needed.
- Comfortable managing both client and server engineers. Familiar with services at scale using open source frameworks and cloud infrastructure (Jenkins/CI, AWS, GAE/GKE, Photon, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with executive staff members.
BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience Company Overview
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.