Sr Game Designer (TP)
Disney Interactive is looking for a Senior Game Designer for a game team in our Lucasfilm Games Studio, based in our San Jose, CA office. We are looking for a talented designer to work closely with our experienced development and production team to build the next generation of mobile games. Candidates should be comfortable with a wide variety of design tasks, tools and game mechanics.
- Work closely with the team to take designs from initial concept through launch and into successful live operations.
- Identify potential problems and help team manage critical tradeoffs within the production triangle (cost, quality, schedule).
- Manage to and deliver on hard product deadlines with fast development cycles while maintaining high product quality.
- Create new game content and features to drive user acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Use Unity and CMS tools to script and design engaging game content
- Produce concise, well scoped design specs and supporting documentation
- Develop compelling characters and story lines that expand on the Star Wars Universe
- Collaborate with LucasFilm Franchise team to identify and implement compelling game content
- Give and accept critiques within the team in a constructive manner.
- Effective communication and cross team collaboration within studio and external groups.
- Personality to handle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environment.Desire and aptitude to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing, fast-paced creative environment.
- 6+ years of Game Design experience.
- Understanding of strategy game mechanics and mid-core game design
- Experience with content authoring tools including level scripting and layout, game balance and feature design
- Passionate game player with in-depth knowledge of current mobile and mid-core game titles.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Adept in learning new tools and technologies quickly.
- Deep knowledge of Star Wars IP is a must.
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.