Senior Data Engineer
As a member of the DCPI Data engineering team, the successful candidate will possess a work style that promotes progress through collaborative teamwork in a dynamic environment, be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class data and analytics engineering solutions to the highest levels, and work with other team members to provide creative analysis and approach to optimize the existing data platform and contribute to developing innovating solutions to solving complex business problems. Responsibilities
- Work smarter, not harder – Proponent of not re-inventing the wheel; generally, prefer wielding the power of open source and community-driven software to solve hard problems, quickly
- Perform data platform development, support and enhancement
- Develop data pipeline and engine to support application engineers to use data to implement personalization and recommendation
- Perform data-warehouse design and programming
- Develop engineering analytical solutions and program by following analytical models and solutions to help solve business problems.
- Provide engineering support for the usage and interpretation of data to various business partners.
- Perform engineering support for data-mining, deep learning and performance measurements on business-information systems utilizing analytics tools and methodologies
- Be part of the team to perform the technical proof of concepts, explore new technologies for machine learning such as google tensor flow or open source APIs/packages.
- 3+ years solid engineering background with SQL, Linux script, Java or Python.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Web front development: HTML, CSS, DJANGO
- 3+ years working experience working knowledge of Hadoop/Spark/Hive
- 3+ years solid background with data mining and/or machine learning
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented team player passionate about producing high quality data & analytics deliverables and thrives in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical aptitude required
- Passionate about working with large volume of data
- Ability to work in an agile development environment with minimal documentation and process
- Strong problem solving skill to identify the root cause and implement the fix
- Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Spark and Pig in a Cloud environment preferred.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media, an equal opportunity employer.