Disney Publishing Worldwide seeks a highly creative and detail-oriented Senior Editor to oversee all Star Wars comic books, as well as a variety of fiction, nonfiction, and novelty books based upon the Star Wars saga.
The ideal candidate will work closely with members of Lucasfilm Publishing, Story Group, Image Unit, Marketing & Publicity, and DPW teams to provide direction, support, and quality control to various licensees.
The Senior Editor will report to the Creative Director, Lucasfilm Publishing. The scope of work will include full editorial responsibility—from creative concept through to publication—on approximately 20 - 30 titles (vertical and global) per year. Additional duties include liaising with Design, Production, Licensing, Managing Editorial, and LFL Franchise departments. Responsibilities
- Oversee content development for key tie-in and evergreen publishing programs [global & vertical]
- Build and curate solid relationships with authors/filmmakers/studio/licensees/artists/designers to create high-quality Lucasfilm Star Wars comic books and books
- Mentor and review work of Editorial Assistant/Assistant Editor
- Manage 20 - 30 titles per year
- OPA review, including collaboration with licensees as franchise submission lead [global & vertical]
- Character/franchise/property expert and ambassador capturing film world, character voice and studio vision [global & vertical]
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Star Wars franchise
- Ability to organize work, meet deadlines, and manage multiple priorities along with careful attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with current marketplace and publishing trends
- Familiarity with such office software as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe
- Experience in creating and managing digital content such as apps, e-books, and enhanced e-books a plus
- BA/BS plus 7 years related work experience
- Minimum five years experience in licensed publishing
- Minimum five years experience in comic book publishing
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.