Product Manager, shopDisney
Area: Software Product Management
Software Product Management is the eyes and the ears of the shopDisney.com team. We scour the digital landscape looking for technologies that help us engage our guests around the magical characters and stories of Disney through commerce. We’re responsible for leading cross-functional teams of designers and developers to create shopping experiences our guests love. We ensure alignment of product strategies by partnering with our non-digital partners across the Walt Disney Company particularly our bricks & mortar retail partners.
Your Role: Manager, Product Management
Working independently, the Sr. Manager, Product Management drives the strategy, development and operation of The Disney Store Mobile app(s) based on industry trends, best practices, market demands and requests from business stakeholders while working to level-set on expectation regarding product delivery and timing. The Sr. Manager, Product Management must understand both our internal customer’s business strategy as well as the underlying guest user experience and represent both interests to engineering, user experience, legal, marketing and other internal teams. He or she will negotiate priorities with stakeholders and team members and develop a long-term vision, near term product roadmaps and short-term feature prioritization. You will work with teams that could be either co-located, remote or offshored and are expected to act as owner, evangelist, advocate, and innovator for your product(s). ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
- Roadmap Strategy - Create and manage the product roadmap plan including key themes and milestones by Fiscal Quarter as well as the business value/strategic motivation for each of these themes (compliance, revenue, cost, etc.).
- Roadmap Ownership - You will own major deliverable goals associated with your product including driving them to completion by resolving/mitigating risks, obstacles, conflicts and priority shifts based on business needs as well as change control/re-base lining of goals based on changed requirements
- Product Ownership - Conduct backlog priority reviews (with sponsors) and user story/spec and integration requirements reviews (with development team) in anticipation of sprint planning. During Sprint closing, conduct demo of capabilities delivered as well as confidence interval stats on team velocity and ability to deliver on committed roadmap (baselining)
- Voice of the guest - Understand our guests and be their voice within the company by analyzing the guest data reports (including qualitative and quantitative inouts) to determine what areas are worth investing time and resources.
- Communications - Identify owners/producers and key stakeholders/producers. Create and execute on a communication plan aimed at having regular check-ins to share roadmap, upcoming changes and key dependencies so they can plan ahead.
- Key stakeholders - Identify list of (1) key partners, (2) key customers, and (3) key prospective/target customers, and develop an ongoing relationship and feedback cycle to be used as input into product direction as well as a quality checkpoint. Own weekly reporting and KPI measurement across key products.
- Evangelization - Become the face of your product and leverage forums where staff, customers, partners and prospects can get up to speed on the latest updates, performance and action items. Create quarterly steering committee/summit where key customers provide strategic input on performance.
Basic QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- 7 years of experience in project/program management, product management or engineering roles delivering digital products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- Product management experience - Experience bringing platform or consumer-facing software products to market. Familiarity with Agile Scrum or the Jobs-to-be-Done methodology is a plus
- Product requirement experience- Ability to capture & create clear requirement documents along with complementary documentation such as low-fidelity wireframes, user stories, personas and backlogs
- Commerce experience- Experience developing, bringing to market, and supporting operations for an ecommerce business including merchandising, payments, and fulfillment system integration
- Mobile experience- Experience developing and bringing to market mobile applications (responsive web, iOS or Android) including deep understanding of the mobile ecosystem and opportunities
- Able and effective communicator - Strong ability to build relationships, manage stakeholders and articulate vision/direction either through written documents such as RFPs or presentations
- Ability to execute - Demonstrated ability to be self-driven, take initiative, and juggle scope and resources to meet assigned deadlines consistently while using sound judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to lead a matrix team - Experience working in a highly cross functional environment (sales, marketing, engineering, legal, operations, user experience) and driving inter-departmental decisions
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.