Email Marketing Manager
The E-mail Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing impactful e-mail marketing strategies in partnership with cross-functional CRM, Creative and Campaign Strategy teams. He/She will be responsible for owning all elements of the email marketing channel to include campaign planning, segmentation, configuration of triggered and batch email series, campaign quality control, data requests, reporting/analysis and optimization.
The successful candidate will have proven experience leveraging data analysis in the optimization of email program development and measurement, and robust experience creating commercially successful marketing programs that drive campaign results.
This position will have a direct impact on company revenue by driving email subscriber engagement and retention. Responsibilities
- Oversee all elements of email campaign development to include program design, build, pre-deployment testing/QA and deployment of dynamic triggered (automated programs) and batch emails.
- Partner with CRM manager on developing sound customer strategies that are rooted in data and learnings from previous deployments and A/B tests.
- Establish rules to prioritize email campaigns and prevent over communication with email subscribers.
- Derive actionable insights from email performance data. Manage and enforce email guidelines with creative and site merchandizing teams.
- Develop and measure against standardized email channel KPIs on a weekly and adhoc basis, and provide recommendations to executives on opportunities to improve the email performance.
- Implement statistical concepts including sample sizing and significance testing to optimize campaigns.
- Maintain high deliverability and inboxing rates. Diagnose and solve any related issues.
- Utilize new and existing email technology to support marketing and communication strategy.
- Establish and monitor best practices for email design and data hygiene. Create and manage email guidelines.
- Share responsibility of day to day promotional email deployment, including those with dynamic content.
- Design and perform A/B testing on multiple campaigns to continually improve campaign performance.
- Develop e-mail strategies to drive efficient open and click thru rates and measurable lift in customer engagement, retention and profitability.
- Work with the site team to ensure a cohesive message and experience throughout the consumers path to purchase.
- Work with Information Technology and Business Intelligence teams to implement email strategies and analysis.
- Work with Product team on ways to grow email subscriber base.
- Work with CRM Manager to develop and refine customer strategy.
- 5+ years of experience building direct to consumer email marketing (batch and triggered).
- Experience managing and developoing professional level employees.
- Experience with Responsys strongly preferred.
- Ability to complete assignments within tight and often difficult deadlines.
- Experience understanding, building and interpreting email metrics.
- Ability to manage multiple partners, multitask and prioritize daily activities.
- SQL strongly desired
- HTML and JIRA experience a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; external and internal collaboration.
- Strong in understanding the technical side of email, analytics, critical thinking, and project management.
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to follow-through.
- Passion for e-commerce, technology, and the brand.
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.