Assistant Manager - Merchandising
Overall purpose of the role :-
This is a key role within the Disney Consumer Products team.
The individual will drive the merchandise planning and store operations for Disney licensed stores, slated to launch early next year. This is an important portfolio in the Disney Consumer Products business segment.
Besides managing all day-to-day operations the person will be expected to contribute significantly to the overall retail marketing strategy and thought process as well.
ResponsibilitiesAreas of responsibility :-
- Planning - To develop ‘open to buy’ plan for the brand with option plan, stock plan and pricing.
- Product Development: Prepare the brief for the design team for the Range development. Support the design team in the development of the Technical spec of the collection.
- Sourcing - To identify new facilities and to work with existing factories for procuring good quality product.
- Sampling - Manage the entire sampling process with the facility season-on-season. To be able to execute fit review and preproduction sample review against specs
- Follow Ups - Ensuring timely inwards of orders by a close production follow-up routine. Support the retail team in getting the product launches on time.
- Store management -Monitor each store/SIS performance by franchise, category and by retail touch point.
- Develop the dashboard for tracking sales, sell thrus, stock level and ordering and merchandise management in collaboration with licensee
- Liaisoning - With support teams of quality, warehouse, marketing, merchandising, design, operations and with licensee
- Awareness - Staying abreast of what competition and industry is doing in terms of design, price and quality.
- Trend Check - To update the product team with the latest fabric and treatment trends in the International market and global forecasting trends and accordingly develop range that is in vogue and relevant.
Basic QualificationsQualification & Experience:
Experiencer - 4-6 years, preferably from NIFT
Additional InformationSkills required :-
Required (Must Have) skills:
-Merchandising & sourcing, preferably in kidswear, Account Management
-Desired skills: Entrepreneurial, passionate and ambitious