AM - Lisencing, Toys & CE Category
Overall purpose of the role :
- Spearhead the Toy & CE category strategy, business development and growth plan for Disney in India.
- Work actively with existing licensees and retailers on every operational aspect of the business
- Assist in implementing developing and achieving yearly revenue budget for the category.
- Ensure licensees have full understanding and are complying with Disney’s business and quality standards.
- Will report into the Head of BTS, Toys & CE.
- Strategic Management
- Develop local market category plan in line with global & regional category strategies & plans.
- Undertake market analysis to monitor industry trends, regulations, sub-categories performance and retail channels, and determine Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (product, price, and retail channel) for the LOB to expand presence consistent with local demographic and retailer needs.
- Contribute to regional / global discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget (wholesale sales and royalty revenue) for respective set of licensees.
- Work very closely with Key licensees & Retailers across all aspects of distribution, promotions, pricing, product development, and sourcing.
- Identify & contact new licensees instrumental in the development of the category (including global and regional licensees).
- Secure geographical expansion throughout the country. Focus on the key cities
- Update forecast on a monthly basis (Excel spreadsheets for renewal, new, gap with status update).
- Drive Contract Renewals consistent with Category Plans and strategies.
- Coordinate with DCP Compliance Group to ensure licensees comply with Disney’s labor standards.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional). Share information and sources from other regions
- Product Development
- Direct product development with Product Development team consistent with category plan and ongoing product quality improvement program. Should have a good perspective on factors driving the Toy industry and toy sourcing.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product / artwork approvals with Product Development team.
- Coordinate with other regional LOB head on product development matters e.g. event days, promotion value, new guide book release, etc.
- Work closely with licensees on their category assortment plans.
- Responsible for the Revenue forecast for a set of licensees.
- Provide forecast of the category on monthly basis (revenue grading).
- Responsible for collection past due accounts receivable.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of the contract.
- Building Disney Toy & CE presence in India
- Keep abreast with the Toy lines launched by Disney Licensees in International market. Plug in these lines through existing and new partners in India.
- Develop eco-system to cater to local toy market keeping in mind product quality and pricing requirements of the market.
- Evaluate the best route to market for toys based on channel nuances.
- Identify opportunities to plug in Disney Toys beyond the traditional Toy Channels.
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
- MBA or Post Graduate preferable