Manager, Sales Development
The Manager, Sales Development is a pre-sales, branded-content creation and distribution expert with a strong working knowledge of how disparate social platforms are best able to amplify reach and engagement through micro-content. In this role you will develop compelling programs for advertiser partners that incorporate Disney themed micro-content elements and Influencer Marketing in conjunction with a Partner’s branding, marketing messages, and relevant themes for Disney’s Digital Network. This individual will form relationships with key stakeholders from across the organization and build expertise in our products’ audience, talent, formats and content strategy. You will also have a strong knowledge of the digital video across owned and operated channels, social platforms and mobile games with an opportunity to work closely and collaboratively with Disney, ABC and ESPN. Understanding of the Kids digital media landscape is a plus with familiarity with regulations like COPPA, CARU and host-selling.
This role will have a strong focus on the Minneapolis market (with a Retail emphasis) with client and agency connections, familiarity with the territory and comfort in representing the Disney Digital Network on the ground. The role will work closely with the Senior Sales Development Leads, Sales Leads that cover the Minneapolis territory, the Licensing Team, the Disney content team, editorial teams, legal and finance for feedback and approvals. The Manager will participate in team meetings, internal and client calls, and work under the guidance of Sales Development and Sales Leadership tocreate digital marketing solutions that contribute to the Disney Digital Network’s Marketing efforts which includes Babble, Disney Family, Oh My Disney, Influencers and works in collaboration with the broader sales and content teams across The Walt Disney Company.
- Successfully partner with internal business units and content teams working with the Sr. Manager and Director, to formulate custom digital and cross media ad sales solutions, deeply rooted in storytelling and insights
- Own assigned projects and project manage, building necessary collateral and delivering in a timely manner
- Develop promotional plans to identify specific content elements, custom production and social impression goals
- Attend client meetings and participate on calls in partnership with Sales, serving as the Product/Marketing expert, presenting product insights, while receiving feedback firsthand and reporting back for production ideation, when applicable
- Develop thorough briefing documents of all marketing promotional elements to be executed.
- Confirm proper approvals are followed i.e. Product, Legal, Brand, Finance, Production, etc.
- Surface scope changes or execution issues as they arise
- Build relationships with cross functional teams and understand each team’s individual processes and job requirements
- Minimum of 8+ years marketing/promotional experience, with 3+ years in digital (w/expertise in selling branded content opportunities)
- Strong working knowledge of the video, social media & influencer landscape, digital marketing, and integrated digital campaigns across platforms
- Proven relationship building skills
- Experience working with nation-wide clients and leading a cross-functional team in time line driven.
- Proven skills in problem-solving, follow-through, attention to detail, and priority setting
- Resourceful and responsive to change
- An optimistic, solution oriented professional who leads by example
- Experience in developing branded micro-content solutions with social amplification
- Highly proficient with Powerpoint, KeyNote, Word, and Excel
- Proven track record translating marketing and promotional objectives into results for advertisers
- A passion for creativity; the creative drive to develop rich, dynamic, and exceptionally effective advertising strategies
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven analytical, quantitative and financial analysis skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Salesforce experience and Photoshop a plus
- A energetic, positive, “can do” attitude
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
BA/BS degree required (marketing, sales business, or related field preferred) Company Overview
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.