Senior Finance Analyst - Disney Store
We are seeking a Qualified Financial Planning & Reporting Senior Finance Analyst to join our Disney Store team based in Hammersmith, London on a permanent basis.
At Disney Store, we produce high-quality product lines that feature exclusive merchandise programmes. Over 225 million people visit Disney Stores every year, where they are immersed in a shopping experience that’s truly magical.
This role has four main targets:
- Responsibility for co-ordinating the preparation of all Forecasting/Budgeting and Actuals for The Disney Stores Europe.
- Responsibility for tracking and controlling all non-stock, non–lease related costs within the business in order improve cost effectiveness and ultimately deliver value to the P&L bottom line.
- Co-ordination of all management reporting internally within TDSE and externally to stakeholders in the US and TWDC. Taking the lead for UK&IR.
- Effective management of Assistant Financial Analyst in support of the above tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate end to end budgeting and forecasting process for all P&L lines. This will involve co-ordinating with the wider Finance team to ensure that each P&L area is effectively included in the process. Assist Financial Planning Manager in presentation of draft budget and forecast to Finance Director and Managing Director.
- Specific responsibility for the forecasting and budgeting of Non stock, non-lease related costs e.g. Labour, Admin, T&E.
- Assistant Finance Analysts line responsibilities include Outside Services, Communications and Visual Merchandising.
Cost control/ tracking
- For all cost responsibilities present actual performance to cost centre owners on a monthly basis. Work with cost centre owners to identify opportunities and/or risks to the P&L forecast with the aim of adding value to the P&L bottom line.
- This will involve tracking actual performance for each of the above lines and working with the Cost Centre owners to identify opportunities/ risks in these areas.
Month End/ Actuals
- Lead the month end process by liaising with the Shared Service Centre team to ensure that the appropriate lines in the P&L are closed out correctly and a full close occurs on a quarterly basis.
- Present the monthly P&L against Forecast and Prior Year to the Global FD with the assistance of the Financial Planning Manager.
- The Finance team is responsible for preparing a number of daily and weekly internal trading reports. This role is responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing the production of some of these reports by the Financial Analyst and Intern and is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the reports produced.
- The Finance team is also responsible for reporting actual, forecast and budget to the US and European Country heads. This role will work with the Financial Manager in managing these information flows.
UK & Ireland
- Report on financials for UK & Ireland to VP UK Finance, including providing update on TDS performance at a fortnightly meeting.
- Responsible for one direct report. With the assistance of the Finance Manager this role will be responsible for managing the day to day workload and career development of a Part-Qualified Assistant Financial Analyst
- To identify opportunities for process improvement in the team, and to lead the implementation and embedding of these improvements in the standard processes of the Financial Planning Team.
- Provide financial support / analysis as required to the Operations Department.
- Develop relationships with Country Director and District Managers to ensure seamless flow of information.
- Work with Operations and HR Departments to prepare quarterly store bonuses.
- Assist in ad hoc projects as agreed by financial management team
- To be able to deputise for the Financial Planning Manager in their absence
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- University degree or equivalent
- Fully qualified accountant
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years’ experience
- European language skills would be beneficial
- Strong Excel/Access skills
- Retail/FMCG experience would be beneficial
- Excellent communicator with the ability to negotiate at senior level
- Management experience would be advantageous
- Management experience is an advantage
Right to work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK
At the Walt Disney Company, our fast-paced environment will inspire you to advance your career and discover new opportunities. Collaborating with individuals at every level of our organisation, you’ll use your persistence, tenacity and positivity to influence our diverse business – and ultimately create heart-warming stories that stay with people forever.
Imagine the stories that you can be a part of…
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Senior Finance Analyst - Disney Store opportunity at Disney.