Senior Finance Analyst - Disney Store (12 month FTC)
We are seeking a qualified Capital Investment & Real Estate Senior Finance Analyst to join our Disney Store team in our Head Office in London on a 12 month fixed term basis.
At Disney Store, we produce high-quality product lines that feature exclusive merchandise programmes. Over 225 million people visit Disney Stores every year, where they are immersed in a shopping experience that's truly magical.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for the analysis & appraisal of all capital investment opportunities. This will include the preparation and co-ordination of Capital Approval Requests documents. The successful candidate will also be responsible for tracking and controlling all fixed costs within the business in order improve cost effectiveness. They will provide Italian market regional support as well as being the key finance representative for the monthly Real Estate meeting.
Some travel to foreign markets for meetings with Country Directors may be required but is not common
Capital Investment Appraisal
- Responsible for all initial investment appraisals of opportunities
- Pull together the Buying & Merchandising Capital Approval Requests
- Provide the financial support and analysis for IS/Online Capital Approval Requests
- Key finance representative for the monthly Real Estate meeting
- Support the committee with all relevant financial analysis
- Specifically responsible for the forecasting and budgeting of all fixed costs lines. This includes Rent, Property tax and Depreciation
- Work with key stakeholders to pull together the capital investment budget
Cost control/ Period end close
- For all cost responsibilities present actual performance to cost centre owners on a monthly & quarterly basis. Work with cost centre owners to identify opportunities and/or risks to the P&L forecast
- Prepare and present actual capital spend Vs forecast to the Finance Director on a monthly basis and to the wider business on a quarterly basis
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly FASS 144 Impairment review model & annual lease commitment schedules
- During the forecast process review and challenge the Italian region P&L. This will involve working with not only the wider Regional finance team but also the market to understand cost line variances to prior year, previous forecast and budget and
- The P&L is to be presented to the Italian CFO, Finance Manager and the Italian Country Head
- Responsible for supervision of one direct report. With the assistance of the Finance Manager this role will be responsible for managing the day to day workload and career development of a trainee CIMA Assistant Financial Analyst
- To identify opportunities for process improvement in the team, and to lead the implementation and embedding of these improvements in the standard processes of the Commercial Finance Team
- Assist in ad hoc projects as agreed by financial management team
- The Finance team is responsible for preparing a number of daily and weekly internal trading reports. This role is responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing the production of some of these reports by the Assistant Financial Analyst and is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of the reports produced
- Qualified Accountant with +3 years PQE
- Proven experience operating Senior Finance analyst level within a retail environment
- Proficient with capital investment techniques including NPV, IRR and payback calculations
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams and building effective relationships
Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.