Retail Insights Analyst FTC
We are seeking a Retail Insight Analyst to join our team on a 12 month fixed term basis.
The role sits within the Retail Insights Team, part of the broader UK Retail Finance and Insights Team, and encompasses the range of retail categories that The Walt Disney Company is involved with: DVD/Blu-ray, Computer Games, Music, Toys, Fashion, Home, Food, Health & Beauty, Stationery, Consumer Electronics, and Publishing.
This role is focussed on the analysis of retailer performance data, and providing a variety of stakeholders (including sales, marketing and finance teams) an up to date and relevant understanding of sales trends. Anchored in EPOS data, the role requires the referencing of this data in broader market and consumer engagement metrics, to provide a full and actionable picture to the commercial and finance teams.
These insights are provided via a mix of standardised reporting, bespoke projects and ad hoc analysis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for weekly retailer specific reporting of EPOS performance to the retail account teams and senior management, providing the business with a quick and clear understanding of sales trends, and the key drivers of performance.
- Responsible for analysing EPOS sales from a retailer perspective, via bespoke ad hoc requests and strategic planning processes. Supporting retail account managers in the setting of an insight based business strategy for their retail accounts, as well as shorter term tactical decisions, and retailer pitches, the role involves understanding the commercial landscape and objectives, and a flexible and creative approach to tailored data provision.
- Developing and refining the business’s understanding of marketing effectiveness, reviewing the impact of campaigns on retail sales, as well leveraging learnings to help the marketing team shape and refine future activations to maximise effectiveness.
- As appropriate, partner with key commercial stakeholders to identify business opportunities and develop the most effective path for activation, providing appropriate insights and planning frameworks.
- Responsible for responding to ad hoc data requests from the retail sales and category teams in relation to the impact of brand health and content engagement on retail sales.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with key trends and developments in the retail market, identifying implications for The Walt Disney Company, and for sharing relevant market trends with the appropriate business stakeholders.
- Support the commissioning of bespoke research on focus areas. This will encompass assisting with the development of briefs, and input into the design of the research approach.
- No direct report responsibility, however, will be expected to provide guidance and coaching to the 2 interns on 12 month placements in the team.
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years experience working in a data analysis role.
- At least 2 years experience working in an internal/external client service team.
- Excellent numerical analysis skills.
- Ability to synthesise insights from a wide ranging dataset.
- Ability to learn and master a variety of data extraction tools and systems.
- Excellent communication skills, visual, written and verbal.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong commercial and business awareness.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Right to Work
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Retail Insights Analyst FTC opportunity at Disney.