Senior Sourcing Specialist
The Senior Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing a merchandise category and supporting the Associate Sourcing Manager or Manager, Sourcing across multiple categories. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for supporting short and long-term sourcing strategies and is accountable for managing the sample development submission, order/production follow-up. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will also assist Manager to monitor factory relationships and initiate vendor set-up, ISU form upon order award.
- Proactively assists and drives measurable efficiencies of team communications, tasks, and overall workflow to support continuous improvement.
- Participates and supports the growth of global and segment-wide relationships.
- Supports short and long-term sourcing strategies for managed category set by management; proactively assists set priorities, objectives, and follow up action plans to improve supply base and mitigate risk with measurable accountability.
- Assists leveraging opportunities and executes sourcing strategies for global site-specific items.
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to ensure products placed with managed suppliers are meeting Disney quality standards.
- Closely track product development management, communicating key milestones and deadlines within the sample approval process.
- Manages production tracking report, driving communication and troubleshooting exceptions and delays proactively
- Assists cost negotiation and works with suppliers on value engineering options to achieve profitability goals while ensuring product vision is achieved;
- Identifies opportunities to leverage cross-category tools, information, processes and resources to optimize category performance.
- Supports discussion and collaboration with factory and Product Design to seek new ideas, art techniques, applications and materials to drive product innovation.
- Travels domestically to ensure production of merchandise continues to meet Disney quality standards. and continuously learn the product diversity opportunities of the factory, expand product knowledge/expertise.
- Be the expert in all key sourcing regions.
- Assists Manager to drive continuous improvement within supply base to elevate supplier performance with measurable results.
- Work closely with Manager to maintain a stable and socially compliant supply base that meets ILS MCS, regulatory standards, and other established supplier performance requirements. Proactively addresses issues with timely and high-caliber executive-level communication and actions.
- Proactively addresses issues to Sourcing Manager timely.
- Strong knowledge of product-specific construction standards, materials, and manufacturing processes/techniques.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Proficient in English and Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence vendors and drive production efficiency
- Understanding of China and Global testing, safety, and labeling requirements and impact to product design
- Experience in merchandise sourcing and production management.
- Strong computer skills. (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, MicroCharts, etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple projects within specified time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Understanding of free-trade agreements, duties and resulting impact of sourcing strategies.
- 5 years’ experience in Global Sourcing and/or Merchandising
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Product-specific technical degree and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate in other languages would be a plus