VP, Organization & Talent Effectiveness
The Vice President, Organizational and Talent Effectiveness is a strategic partner to DCPI’s business leaders and HR Business Partners, responsible for integrating organizational and talent strategies with DCPI’s business goals to optimize long-term performance. This position is accountable for leading the segment-wide integration and evolution of an internal, multi-disciplinary team (which includes: Talent Management, Learning & Development, Organization Development, Workforce Analytics and HRIS) and consults with business and HR leaders to assess, design, and implement solutions to improve organizational and employee effectiveness and drive business results. This role is also responsible for effective integration and partnership with HR functional Centers of Excellence (COEs) to influence priorities and leverage work and resources for DCPI.
- Develop and manage an internal organization that creates, implements, and integrates a DCPI-wide talent management strategy that ensures support of short and long-range talent needs for the DCPI business.
- Facilitate the DCPI talent planning process to ensure consistent implementation of talent management practices, including roll-ups, ad-hoc analysis, tools, resources, and trend reporting.
- Create and seek opportunities to drive integration, while leveraging Enterprise level resources, to enable a DCPI viewpoint and ensure an integrated cross-functional approach.
- Provide tools, resources, and consultation to enable HR Business Partners to create and manage holistic talent management strategies focused on:
- Performance Management
- Talent Development
- Succession planning and Career pathing
Learning & Development:
- Continue to evolve, and provide strategic oversight to, an internal performance consulting team responsible for providing Leadership & Professional Development, Executive Coaching, and Team Effectiveness support to individual employees and intact teams. Provide counsel consistent with industry best practices and linked to internal talent development needs.
- Collaborate with business leaders and HR Business Partners to create an approach to learning that is highly relevant, engaging, and uniquely Disney to meet development needs.
- Focus on key deliverables to ensure Learning and Development programs are aligned with DCPI needs and Enterprise efforts. This includes:
- Defining critical leadership/technical performance expectations
- Assessing skill/performance gaps
- Designing and delivering broad based and customized leadership, executive, and new hire development programs
- Partnering with DCPI technology and creative leaders to design, develop, implement and evaluate targeted development programs
- Facilitating Employee Orientation and Onboarding programs
- Partnering with HR and Business Leaders to develop on the job experiences
- Provide strategic oversight to a team responsible for providing Assessment, Strategy Development, Organization/Process Design, and Change Management expertise to DCPI Executives and HR Business Partners that reflect industry best practices and align with the DCPI culture.
- Provide strategic insight and direction to cross-functional and/or cross-organizational projects that involve significant complexity and require deep OD expertise to achieve sustainable organization and employee effectiveness.
- Continue to evolve, and provide strategic oversight to, an internal workforce insights function to align data, analyze talent and business opportunities to deliver timely data, actionable insights, and predictive models to inform and influence decisions of HR Business Partners and business leaders.
- Collaborate with business leaders and HR Business Partners to:
- Develop research and data reporting strategies
- Provide consultative support regarding research needs and findings
- Seek opportunities to educate on internal and external insights/trends
- Coordinate analyses of surveys (e.g., engagement, on-boarding, exit, 360-degree assessment) and interpretation of data post-survey process
- Ensure that employee data are accurately entered, updated and maintained. Work with Global Human Resource Center of Excellence to HR systems are working effectively. Manage segment testing for system changes or new system implementations. Manage payroll for The Disney Store. Provide basic reporting. Ensure HR and business leaders have timely information to support business decisions. Assist with analyses and processes related to employee actions.
- 15+ years’ experience in HR, organization development, recruiting, training or related talent planning function
- Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
- Proven ability to build, integrate, and lead effective and sustainable programs in applicable functional areas
- Advanced diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Acts as an executive coach to build awareness or key organizational issues and consensus for relevant solutions; able to guide stakeholders through a shared and collaborative decision making process
- Systems thinker; understands the cause-and-effect relationships between business strategies, organization design and talent strategies
- Strong interpersonal and developed presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
- Strong business acumen with natural curiosity to understand the business
- Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
- Ability to reconcile disparate points of view and recommend a cohesive and relevant action plan
- Gains holistic view of internal and external business dynamics, anticipates long term implications, and proactively links org and talent strategies to business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams from inception through completion
- Embraces working and operating in a highly collaborative and communicative environment
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior or related field
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.