Sr Manager, Product Design
DCPI is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Manager, Product Design to lead a creative group of designers. This individual will be leading a cross-functional team to build multimedia mobile products, such as DisneyLife. This candidate will be expected to deliver quickly and iteratively in an agile environment, brainstorm solutions, and take ownership of creative design solutions.
DisneyLife, a unique digital service from Disney, giving fans access to its biggest collection of Disney and Disney Pixar movies, Disney Channels TV box sets, books, and music, all in one place. For the first time, fans can enjoy Disney wherever they are, whenever they want with instant streaming and temporary downloads to enjoy offline. DisneyLife is available now to UK residents aged 18 or over on Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Fire Tablet.
- A proven collaborator and coach who leads from a mixture of inspiration and hands on experience
- Ability to drive business goals but never loses sight of creativity and details guests expect from the Disney brand
- Manage all aspects of the product design process from concept to release across multiple locations
- Oversee deliverables such as wireframes, prototypes, story maps and information architecture diagrams
- Work closely with project management to improve overall workflows across multiple product tracks and updates
- Collaborate with the marketing and content teams to help provide support and create consistency between design styles
- Work across a multidisciplinary team in an agile environment and provide design support across the engineering and product teams
- Define how we analyze customer data, research materials and user testing sessions to identify opportunities and recommend design directions.
- Manage a team of product designers, researchers and interaction designers while providing an environment for growth and creative collaboration
- Facilitate creative reviews and define UI frameworks while upholding design standards acrossmobile, web, big screen devices and future platforms
- 7 or more years of experience with 3 or more years experience managing a multi-functional product design team
- Ability to manage multiple project, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Creative problem solver with a track record of meeting aggressive timelines
- Clear understanding of mobile, web and big screen design patterns and paradigms
- Track record for putting together a process and workflow in place that drives efficiency
- Can empower a team to create great products while not afraid to give honest and direct feedback
- Comfortable jumping in to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes to articulate concepts and designs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with technical, business and creative partners globallyStrong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
Preferred QualificationsStrong knowledge of Disney or related brands Required Education
BA/BS degree in related field Company Overview
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.