Sr Manager, Business Insights & Analytics
The Senior Manager, Business Insights and Analytics will be a driver and partner for analytics across the Disney Retail business. The person in this highly visible role will synthesize complex data from multiple sources to deliver business insights and strategic guidance to the Retail Executive Team, DCPI Segment Leadership Team, and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), as necessary. This role is an integral member of the Retail Organization and reports to the VP, Business Insights & Consumer Research and the VP, Ecommerce.
The Senior Manager, Business Insights and Analytics should be an experienced data and analytics leader with solid knowledge and experience with customized quantitative, qualitative and online analytics and research projects to enable business strategies and decision making. Candidate must be experienced in Ecommerce and Digital Marketing.
Candidate must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting information to address specific business issues related to, but not limited to, trend studies, guest interactions and predictions, pre & post promotions evaluation, new product releases, etc. These analyses will often include cost benefit and/or return on marketing spend. He/she will also be able to use internal and external data to glean insights, making sense and “connect the dots”, to support business strategy and decision making.
Candidate would also be able to communicate key findings to internal stakeholders and across line-of-businesses (LOBs); to ensure appropriate data is incorporated in servicing their business needs. Responsibilities
- Partner with the Retail team, Finance teams, and other LOB teams to understand business drivers and synthesize information across businesses
- Influence and guide the build of predictive models and algorithms to effectively measure and optimize retail performance, partnering with Data Science teams
- Obtain and analyze data from multiple sources, extracting insights from disparate data sets
- Analyze large, complex data sets representing the behavior of millions of guests to address strategic and operational business questions
- Distill and communicate key insights across all levels of DCPI’s organization
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to institutionalize findings
- Prepare and communicate results to internal clients, e.g. marketing, site merchandising, and product at middle to senior level management in the organization
- Work closely with internal teams, using data to drive continuous improvement in operations and guest experiences
- Oversee and manage a team
- Manage, design, execute continuous and ad-hoc quantitative analysis to solve specific business questions and derive actionable recommendations in an easy to digest manner
- Conduct sophisticated data analysis and provide actionable recommendations to business problems based on multiple sources of data
- 7+ years of experience in an analysis, market research or consulting role
- 4+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in marketing analytics related to digital retail marketing including email, search, social and display
- Seasoned client engagement skills with ability to translate business problems into solution-driven actions
- Ability to translate technical findings into actionable recommendations through easy to digest reports and presentations
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and handle multiple work assignments with high standards
- Excellent collaboration skills with the ability to effectively partner across all levels and skill sets
- Ability to manage multiple projects and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using data visualization reporting tools (e.g. Tableau) a plus
- Must be intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working and a have on-point business intuition
Preferred QualificationsMaster degree in business, mathematics, statistics, or economics is preferred
Experience with site analytics, SQL, statistical computing (e.g. R) Required Education BA or BS from in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, Physics or similar) Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional Information
ABOUT DISNEY STORE
The Disney Store retail chain, which debuted in 1987, is owned and operated by Disney in North America, Europe, and Asia. Disney Store is the retail merchandising arm of Disney Consumer Products, the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) and its affiliates that extends the Disney brand to merchandise. Disney Store carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney's key entertainment initiatives and characters. Disney Store opened its first store in Glendale, California and, in doing so, originated the themed retail business model. There are currently more than 200 Disney Store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney Store locations in Japan; and more than 80 Disney Store locations in Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom , plus online retail presence in the United Kingdom, France, Denmark, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Japan and China. Each Disney Store location offers a magical shopping experience that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world's largest and most successful entertainment companies. For more information, please visit www.disneyconsumerproducts.com/press/us/disneystore or follow us at www.facebook.com/DisneyStore and www.twitter.com/DisneyStore.