Sr Game Designer
The Senior Economy Game Designer will be responsible for designing and tuning content for one or more mobile casual games. The candidate is responsible for designing new content including but not limited to power up design & balance, character leveling, score systems, missions, prize payouts and unit costs.
To successfully execute the role, the candidate must have experience balancing complex data across multiple game units, the ability to analyze and identify where game units require tuning, provide appropriate design documents, have experience in game design theory & game production processes, and a working understanding of Unity.
The candidate will work with the product’s Lead Game Designer to ensure features align with the overall product vision, and with the Product Manager for ongoing live data tuning. If assigned to an existing product, the Designer must understand and build upon that product’s established content to ensure new content is properly integrated.
The candidate will also participate in product and feature brainstorming sessions, assist in product play testing, and work with other team members to review the full mobile product. In addition, the candidate must be able to take notes from multiple sources and be able to incorporate the feedback into revised game content and features. Responsibilities
- Design new character power ups and leveling balance. Provide appropriate documentation for said features, and communicate the design to supporting team members for accurate implementation. Play test power ups for proper tuning and to ensure they work as intended.
- Create new mission system content, define difficulty and prizes.
- Ongoing analysis and tuning of character power ups, mission content and other in game content based on live data.
- Design new system wide game features, including documentation and overseeing implementation.
- Participate in game content/feature brainstorms.
- 4+ years of game industry experience
- 1-2 years of work experience designing mobile games, and shipped at least one mobile casual game in a Senior Designer or higher position
- Experience designing and balancing one or more data heavy systems
- Experience with Unity
- F2P game experience
- Knowledge of the game industry, types of game genres, trends and recent hits
- Affinity for Disney/Pixar is a plus
- Passion for video games a must!
- Results oriented, self-motivated and disciplined
- Love working in data rich programs (e.g. Excel)
- Able to multi-task like a pro
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Strong team player w/ good people skills
- Ability to take direction
- Problem solver and self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.