Senior Systems Engineer (PH)
As a Senior Systems Engineer at Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media you will work with Retail Technology team in transforming the Retail systems into Cloud based systems and architect the integration among the different cloud based Retail systems.
You are well versed in the philosophy of Continuous Integration and Delivery, and frequently use the tools required to deliver it. You have passion for increasing developer visibility and velocity, are familiar with launching products in public cloud systems as well as hybrid integration with more traditional private hosting environments. You will advocate compliance with security standards for cloud infrastructure and partner with developers to improve upon them.
You will participate in defining operational best practices and standards, have a penchant for automating routine tasks, and have expert level command of cloud systems. Be enthusiastically committed to delivering world-class technology solutions and the highest levels of customer service, be committed to continual process, product and performance improvements, be able to communicate with confidence, clarity, and honesty, take initiative and assume ownership of a wide variety of systems, processes & deliverables. Be able to communicate clearly and effectively to cross-functional teams and business audiences. Responsibilities
- Help support our systems engineering team focusing on retail systems, specifically concentrating on ecommerce, Point of Sale, Order Management (OMS), Retail Management (RMS) and connecting systems and frameworks
- Design, architect, and implement key infrastructure that enhances our retail systems experiences, including interfaces and gateways between components.
- Help to coordinate and estimate sprint tasks for infrastructure support, working with the cross-functional team including product, program management, and QA, design.
- Collaborate with Development team engineers on build deployment, continuous integration, and implementation strategy
- Recognize and manage security, technical, and data consistency dependencies and/or limitations that impact desired workflow.
- Improve automated configuration management, monitoring and failure recovery solutions.
- 7-10+ years of full Systems engineer experience.
- 1-3+ years of progressively more complex professional experience, with experience as an Architect on Cloud Systems integration.
- Proficiency with one or more Cloud technologies.
- Integration/automation experience with Jenkins, and Chef
- Experience with metrics tools, such as ELK, Splunk and Graphite
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as NewRelic, DataDog, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starting individual.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time.
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills to identify the root cause and implement the fix
- Knowledge and experience of Retail systems specifically concentrating on ecommerce, Point of Sale, Order Management (OMS), Retail Management (RMS) is a big plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of multiple Cloud Systems architectures
- Familiarity with integration of hybrid architectures between Public and Private Cloud.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company's stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises two main lines of business: Disney Consumer Products (DCP), and Disney Interactive (DI). The combined segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media, an equal opportunity employer.