Senior Business Systems Analyst
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI), a division of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), uses the Intellectual Property Management (IPM) system to manage the revenue accounting function for the global licensing contracts. This system is managed by the EBS organization. The Senior Business Analyst – Revenue Accounting Solutions should have a Finance or Accounting background to leverage during engagement with DCPI’s Controllership and Finance business partners.
This individual will engage with Controllership, Revenue Accounting and Finance teams from each Line of Business within DCPI. The analyst needs to have a global perspective, looking across all regions when developing solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The analyst will ensure IT processes are repeatable, recommending smart approaches to gather requirements and deliver projects while providing business value. The analyst will identify and assess potential “forward-thinking” solutions for both technical and business feasibility.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst will focus on 4 key areas of responsibility: Business Engagement, Project Delivery, Project Management, and Quality Assurance while interacting with on and offshore development resources, vendors, professional service providers, and global business partners. Responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of accounting, finance and IT standards
- Demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge of the concepts, capabilities, and integration of relational databases and packaged software
- Assists in the management of lower level team member performance by providing leadership and direction, setting clear expectations and communicating feedback regularly.
- 8+ years in business systems analysis with at least 5 years of experience with large scale and complex systems
- Understanding of Licensing and Consumer Products industry with demonstrated domain experience in Revenue Accounting, Finance and Contract Management Systems including, but not limited to contract processes and practices, licensee royalty statement submission processes, royalty and revenue transaction processing
- Experience with highly integrated accounting applications, including interfaces to SAP, forecasting, data warehouses, master data management, and product master is desirable
- Knowledge of KPIs and terms to support reporting for Revenue Accounting, Contract Management, Legal, and Category Management business partners
- Experience with MicroStrategy reporting or equivalent reporting system
- Excellent communication, collaboration and client engagement skills
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-team projects
- 5+ years of Project Management experience on complex level projects is desirable
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Google Docs, SharePoint
- HP Toolset: ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), Quality Center, Jira
- Scrum Master and Agile certification is preferred
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Finance, Accounting or equivalent related experience
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.