Quality Assurance Lead
The QA Lead will “lead” the testing effort for multiple consumer titles through the testing cycle. He/she will execute test plans on pre-release versions of software to detect, record and evaluate product defects. This position requires good understanding of software lifecycle, experience with a variety of testing techniques, strong written and organizational skills, and video game experience. The QA Lead will act as a conduit to QA for the project they are assigned to, ensuring an effective and organized test process that releases the highest quality product possible, and completing these projects on time and within budget. Responsibilities
- Write test plans and develop test cases
- Coordinate and participate in test execution
- Management of defect tracking and test case management software.
- Train and evaluate QA Testers
- Ability to attend “stand up meetings” and communicate QA needs and concerns
- Responsible for review and approval of QA relevant project milestones
- Review product documentation and product text for accuracy and readability
- Coordinate all information for dissemination to QA Supervisor and development team
- Ensure proper application of phased testing model to reduce overtime and weekend testing
- Experience working in an Agile Development model
- Evaluate assigned projects (design, test plan, documentation) with the Producer to head off any potential problems
- Work with QA Supervisor and Producers to develop a complete test plan for assigned projects, including budgeting, schedules, test planning, and resource allocation
- Adjust staffing as needed and ensure that all project hours are tracked properly and that they are in line with budgetary projections
- Create a weekly status reports for all assigned test projects and distribute those reports to designated staff and management
- Keep proper documentation and audit trails regarding action taken against reported bugs, Production requests and developer communications. Regularly check the bug database contents, bug reports, etc.
- May be assigned special projects or tasks
- A minimum of five (5) years of software testing experience
- At least two (2) years working as a Senior Tester
- Extensive experience interfacing with Production personnel
- Mobile and web testing experience
- BA or BS in Computer Science or Entertainment related area, or equivalent interactive industry experience
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.