Disney Publishing and Digital Media is searching for a Product Designer that can guide the design of content driven experiences across our brands. The product designer position is responsible for designing responsive websites, both from a UX/UI and production standpoint. This role is meant for someone who is aware of current design trends and knows how to create simple, beautiful concepts. The tasks may include wireframing, prototyping, redlining, digital ad suites, email creation, game elements, and more. This design position requires an experienced, creative, collaborative, communicative, self-motivated, and motivating designer.
- Ideate and prototype responsive website and modular designs
- Concept, develop, and execute visually stunning designs for web
- Expert wire-framer; able to create both low and high fidelity wire frames to communicate and test specific interactions
- Balance clean design with innovative interaction ideas that make those designs engaging and emotionally rewarding
- Production, organizing, and cataloging of site assets
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering, Product, and Programming teams on a daily basis
- Digest and utilize analytics to influence design decisions
- Assist with real-time problem solving of design issues
- Set and achieve high creative standards that meet the expectations of Disney
- Work closely with and align their work to their leaders’ goals and expectations
- Mentor team members on UX practices, tools, and processes
- Minimum 3 years designing responsive web and/or native apps
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Sketch App (UX), Illustrator, and other visual design programs
- Must possess strong applied skills in website UX/UI design, visual design, typography, and color theory
- Possess a strong affinity and understanding of web, design, and social trends
- Strong communicator with visual, verbal, pitch and writing skills. Must be able to receive and give feedback constructively, and professionally. Must be attentive and contribute to meetings.
- Adaptable to changing technology and restrictions, design challenges, deadlines, and project requirements.
- Able to participate in concept and product critiques and successfully work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work with the product design manager to create concepts and executions for projects
- Attention to detail is a must
- Must be adept at flexing existing styles to meet product goals
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment working on multiple competing priorities
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.