MBA Finance Intern, Games & Interactive Experiences- DCPI, Summer 2018
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build your resume. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This position will start in May/June and last through August/September.
Games & Interactive Experiences is looking for an intern to support with financial modeling and ad hoc analysis. ResponsibilitiesThe intern will work with people at all levels of the organization (senior management, functional leadership & staff) to report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators
- Maintain financial models and P&Ls to forecast revenue, expenses, and profits for published and licensed games
- Contributes to the preparation and analysis of the Five Year Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and quarterly forecasts
- Ad hoc projects / analysis
- Pursuing an MBA
- Solid understanding of financial statements
- Strong Excel skills
- Solid analytical and modeling skills
- Proven presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills
- Able to operate calmly and smoothly with rigor and discipline
- Flexible and able to accept/drive innovative solutions
- Ability to develop and structured solutions for unstructured problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
Enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing an MBA Company Overview
From toys, apps and apparel to books and games, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media brings our company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences, inspiring the imaginations of the young and young at heart.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization