Managing Producer, Asia Games
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is looking for a bright, energetic Managing Producer to join our company. The Managing Producer is directly responsible for all aspects of the game/application production process including ideation, external partner onboarding and management, project tracking, managing the production process and product deliverables, overseeing milestone reviews, internal/external communication, business unit relations, production/content deliverables, & management of live service support, and achieving the fiscal goals for their products. Right out of the gate you’ll be making an impact on several Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars mobile gaming titles being developed by and for the Asia gaming markets along with notable hits from those markets that have released globally. This position will work closely with our Business Development, Marketing, and Production teams in Asia, along with other senior managers in the region to understand and deliver against DCPI goals and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer and key business units to understand and deliver against financial goals for the Asia Gaming division
- Effectively partner with regional producers in Asia to successfully launch and operate games
- Intuitively understand the Asia gaming market to facilitate successful outcomes to business and creative decisions
- Build trusted relationships with the Marvel and Lucasfilm game teams by exhibiting a deep understanding of their core brand pillars and expert knowledge of their workflow and approval processes
- Manage the product lifecycle for multiple mobile titles, from creative concept to development to release and live service
- Oversee the LIVE service strategy for each product; collaborate with product managers to determine and analyze key success metrics, and rigorously test and optimize for them to achieve fiscal revenue goals
- Serve as a point of contact for all internal and external queries regarding content development and production issues on franchise projects
- Manage external partners to successful delivery of product milestones
- Manage individual product P&Ls and budgets to hit project goals
- Creative ideation on new products utilizing world-famous Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars IP
- Minimum of 8 + years hands-on mobile game production experience with multiple titles shipped
- Experience with the Asia gaming markets at both the strategic and tactical level
- At least 2 shipped free-to-play/freemium IOS, Android games required
- Experience managing a small handful of projects across multiple producers while at the same time managing your own
- Technical familiarity with the aspects of mobile content development, service-based client/server tech, social/virtual economies, and analytical data
- Able to work independently, creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success
- Excellent oral/written communication and global collaboration skills
- Experience with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Photoshop, and project managment software like Hansoft or Project
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and passion for video games required
- Ability to travel and work Asia business hours as needed.
BA/BS Degree recommended
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.