Manager, Licensing, Softlines, Marvel
The Manager is responsible for managing a group of product categories and licensees with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives ResponsibilitiesFinance and Business Planning:
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for Marvel Softlines categories including Home/Furniture/Décor/Tabletop and Kitchen.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Participates and contributes to the strategic planning process. Develops strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property.
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities.
Brand and Content Management: (In conjunction with/support of the Franchise team)
- Provide licensee/product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Acts as ambassador for the category. Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities. Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with Disney Consumer Products initiatives.
- Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met.
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant.
- Ensures licensee requests are researched and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Manage licensee portfolio / co-manage where relevant with LOB partner (contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion / advertising) as well as day-to-day relationship with licensees.
- Support Director in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
- Partner with Product Development team to innovate & bring to market compelling new product for categories managed.
- Ensures licensee product lines reflect Marvel quality and brand/property objectives.
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Develop strong relationships with key retailers to maximize commercial and brand opportunities.
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs. Perform retail-shopping analysis.
- Provide any licensee /product information in support of marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings.
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other DCP franchise teams and business units, to develop opportunities of coordination with other categories, lines of business and departments and/or cross-promotional opportunities.
- Strong understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Highly detail-oriented. Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to handle several tasks/assignments simultaneously and to maintain flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, able to work in a fast pace environment
- Analytical/Strategic Thinker
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of financial tracking systems preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree + 5 yrs. of directly related experience.
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.