Lead Software Engineer
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences and retail experiences that will define the interactions of families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company. Responsibilities
- Help lead our engineering team focusing on retail systems, specifically concentrating on ecommerce, Order Management (OMS), Retail Management (RMS) and connecting systems and frameworks.
- Design, architect, and implement key infrastructure that enhances our commerce experiences, including interfaces and gateways between components.
- Collaborate with developers and development teams to deliver experiences that delight our guests.
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis.
- Help recruit, interview, and onboard new talent as the team grows.
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers.
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective.
- Help to coordinate and estimate sprint tasks for engineering, working with the cross-functional team including product, program management, and QA, design. Potentially, depending on interest and capabilities, formally lead other engineers.
- Collaborate with DEVOPS team systems engineers on build deployment, continuous integration, and implementation strategy.
- 7-10+ years of full software development lifecycle experience.
- 7-10+ years of progressively more complex professional experience, with experience as an Architect or Lead Software Engineer.
- Experience designing and developing Server Side applications in the retail and eCommerce space.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent and deep understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starting individual.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required MS preferred
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.