Lead Project Manager
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media is seeking a Lead Project Manager with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering innovative experiences by utilizing platforms and technologies that define and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical products. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and at all levels of the organization. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
As Lead Project Manager you will work with multidisciplinary teams across our division to plan and deliver projects on time and within budget. This position requires a strong technology background, solid understanding of agile methodologies, excellent client management skills, and experience in leading projects with cross functional technical and creative teams. Successful candidates must be action oriented with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to executive, business, technical, and client audiences. In addition, the ideal candidate needs to be able to establish an effective project approach that will deliver on the goals and objectives of assigned projects. Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, and successfully deliver on concurrent medium to large-scale projects.
- Establish or refine processes and delivery methodologies to enable successful delivery on project goals.
- Ensure the quality of all project deliverables in a proactive fashion.
- Coaching teams on agile best practices.
- Ability to analyze product backlogs to derive feasible project goals based on points analysis, velocity, and priorities.
- Consistently deliver well-articulated, balanced, and an informed communications of project status to internal and external stakeholders. This requires the ability to effectively assess project health and communicate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Facilitate the creation of effective project plans in coordination with creative, architecture, operations, and technical leadership.
- Management of project budgets, which includes budget process definition, budget data management, and reporting and communication on budget status as it relates to the overall project.
- Implementation and ownership of change management within assigned projects.
- Facilitate the development and management of product release and go-to-market plans.
- Manage retrospective and lessons learned process with large, cross-functional teams.
- Effectively manage risks and issues across projects and within teams.
- Establish collaborative relationships with co-workers and team members.
- 8+ years experience as a technical project manager
- 4+ years experience in managing highly scalable web and/or enterprise software projects
- Extensive working experience with SCRUM, Waterfall, and Kanban
- Engineering or technical background
- Strong analytical aptitude required.
- Experience with Atlassian software suite (Confluence and JIRA)
- Certified Scrum Master experience desired
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
Inspire memories that last a lifetime…That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages…
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.