Lead Interaction Designer
As DisneyLife Lead Interaction Designer, you will be deeply involved in our experience development process from concept to outcome, high-level discussions to fine detail. You will collaborate closely across the DisneyLife team, including Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Senior Leadership, as well as exciting internal and external partners to evaluate, ideate, validate, initiate, and iterate on world first, world class products, services, and experiences.
Our space is fast-paced and collaborative. You will be empowered within this open, dynamic environment to contribute to our experience portfolio, delighting Guests and exceeding expectations.
ResponsibilitiesCollaborate closely with all members of the team to design and deliver breathtaking Guest experiences.
Work with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to design and own:
- Industrial and interactive products and Guest experiences;
- Design thinking materials, session planning and facilitation;
- Sketches, flows, wire frames, and prototypes;
- Living style guides, UI elements, and icons;
- Illustrations, and production assets;
- Future vision videos, presentations, and marketing materials.
Communicate design to the internal team, senior leadership, and partners.
Engage positively in constructive critique, pair work, and co-mentoring.
Contribute to the continued evolution of Labs team workflows and processes to further improve quality and performance.
Support and develop Labs design vision and approach within The Walt Disney Company and wider community. Basic Qualifications
- Curiosity and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of: illustration, graphic design, animation, motion graphics, product design, industrial design, interactive media design, experience design, creative tools (e.g. Adobe CC, Sketch, Cinema 4D, Unity),prototyping tools (e.g. Pen & Paper, Keynote, InVision, Framer, HTML/CSS/JS).
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience designing for various audiences, including: kids, teens, parents, and families; diverse markets, regions, cultures, and languages.
- Compelling portfolio demonstrating a variety of skills, processes, and projects.
- 5+ years’ experience designing Web and/or native apps.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Self-starter, expert generalist, design thinker, tinkerer.
- Experience designing for a variety of: user flows, scenarios, and micro-interactions,inputs, e.g. keyboard, point, remote, touch, gesture, voice, platforms, e.g. Web, iOS, Android, Fire, console, kiosk, AR, VR, roducts which span both physical and digital realms.
- Passion and curiosity for the future of connected experiences and design.
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.