Associate, Strategy & Business Development
Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That’s what we do at Disney Consumer Products & Interactive. Join us and be a part of the award-winning team that brings Disney characters and their stories to life in the homes of consumers of all ages…
DCPI Strategy and Business Development is a highly visible department responsible for the identification, analysis and development of strategic initiatives to drive the long-term profitability and growth of DCPI businesses worldwide.
We seek an Associate, Strategy and Business Development to support the development and execution of the growth strategy for DCPI. The role requires superior strategic and analytical thinking, business development, collaboration, communication, modeling and multi-tasking skills. The successful candidate will possess demonstrated ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of management within DCPI and across The Walt Disney Company. Responsibilities
- Construct financial/analytical models in support of potential acquisitions, other financial deals, and various strategic opportunities.
- Partner with leaders of Strategy and Business Development through-out the 5-year strategic planning process.
- Assist the team to drive key growth initiatives - particularly as it relates to new media platforms, new business creation and geographic expansion.
- Identify, define and analyze trends/strategies across major markets in relation to the consumer products and gaming industry.
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate outcomes and recommendations to both DCPI and The Walt Disney Company senior leadership.
- Assist with the establishment of business development priorities/initiatives and support execution of business development deals as needed.
- Participate in variety of senior meetings with professionalism and credibility.
- Experience in a strategic planning, investment banking or management consulting role
- Strong, proven analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong problem solving skills (prioritization, critical thinking, hypothesis creation, etc.)
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and drive execution of concepts
- Market research experience a plus
- Retail, Licensing or Publishing experience a plus
- Outstanding multi-tasking and teamwork capabilities
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including executives
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Disney Consumer Products & Interactive, an equal opportunity employer.