Associate, Licensing, Hardlines Disney&Pixar Animation
The Associate Manager position on the Disney Pixar Animation team is responsible for helping manage the emerging business portfolio across an associated licensee base with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives with a focus on fashion and technology.
This position regularly liaises with licensing partners, Disney Consumer Products licensing teams across franchises and/or categories as well as product development, retail sales and marketing, legal, contract administration and franchise management to grow licensed product sales and build Disney properties and brands.
- Manage a licensee base across numerous categories (e.g. Fashion, Home, Technology, Toy)
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities
- Build and manage day to day relationship with licensees
- Support organizing, pitching and selecting licensees
- Research & understand competitive landscape across the numerous categories
- Analyze and understand market trends, consumer and retailer and industry needs.
- Develop strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property
- Identify growth opportunities by category to fill gaps
- Accountable for management of all licensees within the assigned portfolio, which includes contract amendments, resolving issues, reviewing/approving submissions (product, marketing, & PR), and guiding promotion/advertising initiatives
- Set-up and lead licensee business review as well as internal and external retail presentations and line reviews
- Work with the Product Development team on a regular basis to ensure licensing strategies and objectives are being met
- Participate in central creative and category specific product development team meetings by providing insights and input into product needs related to style guides, design and packaging executions
Finance and Business Planning:
- Manage correspondence, timelines and collection of licensee’s forecast information in order to create quarterly forecast reporting summaries for analysis by the team
- Brand and Content Management:
- In conjunction with / support of the Franchise team, ensure timely approvals of licensee’s marketing elements in online approval system.
Retail, Sales and Marketing:
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing to support retail road shows and presentations
- Collect, consolidate and ensure accuracy of AAF licensee lists. Disseminate to integrated retail sales as requested
- High level of interest and expertise in both fashion and technology
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive
- Team Player
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative working partnerships
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Solid presentation skills
- Flexible/ability to adjust to changing business environment
- Strategic thinker
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assignmentsStrong computer skills (Keynote, Excel, Power Point, Word)
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.