Associate Level Designer
The Associate Level Designer will be responsible for creating game content for one or more casual mobile games. Responsibilities include: creating levels, playtesting and tuning level content, and designing game features and mechanics.
The candidate must be able to create levels using basic paper-prototyping as well as industry standard tool sets. In addition, the Associate Designer is responsible for play-testing levels and maintaining documentation about the process. The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills and be able to provide actionable feedback of both internal and external level designs.
To successfully execute the role, the candidate should be well versed with current top performing mobile puzzle games, have experience writing game design documents, experience in game design theory, game production processes, and have a working understanding of Unity.
The Associate Game Designer will participate in product and feature brainstorming sessions, assist in product play testing, and work with other team members to review the full mobile product. In addition, the Associate Designer must be able to take notes from multiple sources and be able to incorporate the feedback into revised game and level designs.
- Create levels and content for existing products
- Play test levels created by the extended team, and provide feedback to improve fun, playability, and balance
- Brainstorm new level features and mechanics, and write supporting design specs
- Support designers on implementing design specs and play testing
- Research competitor titles for game design mechanics and drive innovative and fresh solutions to the team
- Conduct data analytics to balance and tune gameplay on an ongoing basis
- 0-2 years of experience in the game industry
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Designed levels/content for 1 or more game projects
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with critical software (Word, Excel, Visio, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with C++, Java, Objective C, Direct X, Open GL a plus
- Passion for video games a must!
- Disney /Pixar fan is a plus!
- Results oriented and Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to multi-task like a pro.
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Strong team player w/ good people skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take direction
- Problem Solver and self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish
- Good written and verbal communication skills
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.