Assistant Manager, Licensing, Softlines, Princess & Tink
This role will provide support managing a category of products and a portfolio of licensees in order to meet or exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
- Manages a licensee base for a specific segment of the business.
- Performs day-to-day responsibilities to include licensee management and licensee communications. Works with licensees to develop business plans by retailer, brand and property.
- Manages relationships with licensees, retail team, internal marketing and creative groups.
- Identifies new business and revenue opportunities.
- Works with Licensees and Disney Creative teams to develop product that meets retailer needs while maintaining quality and character integrity standards
- Performs budgeting and forecasting responsibilities for assigned licensees including entry into the DCP Invision system.
- Identifies competitive research and market analysis needs and conducts on-site store visits.
- Responsible for advertising and promotion development for assigned licensees – including routing all A&F Princess marketing requests into DMM and delivering approvals back to licensee.
- Implements/coordinates cross-category and divisional promotions.
- Manage the planning and execution of annual Trade Show Events, promotional materials and product samples.
- Performs other duties such as: Negotiate contracts from initial stages of terms, to Deal Point Memo (DPM), entry into Selectica, to final execution.Project management for new product lines and new licensees to assist with coordinating creative, packaging, and upper management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
- Forms good working partnerships
- Able to handle multiple tasks/assignments
- Good presentation skills
- MAC/ Keynote/ Excel proficient
- Good understanding of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitationsGood understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Bachelor's degree + 3-4 years related experience or MBA with 1-2 years experience
Company Overview DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.