English Language Trainer (Local Teacher) – Chengdu
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney, and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners’ passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters; Disney English creates a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within The Walt Disney Company. Become one Disney English cast member could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Disney English Mission
Our mission is to transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology, and engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice
Disney English Chinese Trainers instruct children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Trainers will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience.
- Be part of a guest-focused team anchored around the 4 standards of Disney quality: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency.
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative and service-focused work environment.
- Comply with academic standards and successfully delivery Disney English Content to ensure learning results in line with company targets.
ResponsibilitiesAcademic Delivery & Business Responsibilities
- Maintain high quality of academic delivery in his/her own classes ensuring consistently high standards
- Continuously assess and find ways to improve the performance of learners as they advance through his/her lessons.
- Assist with Foreign Trainer lead classes
- Through the delivery of guest service excellence and measurable academic results, and support of the sales process, ensure that Center performance goals are met through new learner enrollment and existing learner renewals
- Understand the center business objectives
- Become proficient in delivering the Disney English interactive content and comprehensive classroom delivery of Disney English curriculum
- Leverage existing content and prepare lesson plans consistent with Disney English Language Learning, with the ability to use developmentally appropriate teaching practices to enhance each lesson
- Use a variety of multimedia including Interactive White Board and interactive content/educational software, audio recording systems, and manipulate various computer systems
- Work with local learning partners to ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end as scheduled
- Prepare, prior to the start of each class, and be able to effectively use lessons, realia, print materials, technology and supplemental materials
- Prepare and lead Clubhouse Activities before classes with educational value
- Deliver a variety of English Language Learning events as scheduled by the LLD, including but not limited to Demos, Referral Events, Center Events, Make Up Classes, Parent Seminars and New Parent Orientation Meetings
- Deliver both formal and informal assessments and progress reports throughout the program and keep close oversight on all learner records
- Substitute when needed for absent trainers.
- Accurately place learners in the Disney English program by delivering Placement Assessments
Safety and Security
- Participate in regular safety and security training and drills, understand and execute the center’s Emergency Response Plans
- Report any safety or security-related incidences in an accurate and timely manner through the appropriate channels.
- Provide a safe, healthy and happy learning environment for all guests in the Language Learning Center and classrooms.
Service and Operational Standards
- Together with all center cast members, create an engaging, service-focused environment where the needs of the learners come first
- Adhere to Disney English operational standards, system compliance, and DE teaching methods
- Follow the Master Schedule for working hours and teaching hours
- Attend weekly meetings with the LLD to communicate all pertinent student and classroom management issues.
- Participate in Marketing and out-of-center events as needed
- Interact with both parents and young language learners in a way tat makes language learning fun, engaging and educational
- With local Learning Partners, establish and maintain Parent Care communication regarding learner’s progress by means of the Trainer/Parent Portal and ongoing communication during performances, phone calls and Parent-Trainer Conferences and Unit Report Cards
- Responsible, with the Learning Partner, to regularly update parent/trainer connection website with information on learner’s weekly attendance, progress, assessment results, photos and audio recordings
- Work with the LLD and Center Manager (CM) in the Center to maintain renewal/learner retention rates
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations Teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth center operation
- Regularly attend and participate in academic staff meetings and take part in professional development sessions.
- Provide coverage for classes in times of trainer sickness or absence